A plan is in the works, of great magnitude, it's been delayed due to a knee injury I sustained.
In short, I'm going to be taking fight scenes sections from video games, normally just small moved lists and trying them out for real. First in a short drill to see if they work, and then if possible in a full on spar with an uncooperative opponent. These will be recorded and where impossibilities arise I will work together with a HEMA expert to work out what would have been a more logical solution, Unfortunately all this has been delayed until I can walk properly, but hey, something to look forward to.
The next game I'm currently looking through is Assassins Creed 2, I noticed some of the counters seemed the same as those in historical manuals, so I'm going to be taking a very detailed look at how the combat system works frame by frame. As well as seeing if it adheres to the basics defined in the last blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment