Starting is always the hardest part, and I've never been a fan of blogs at the best of times, but here I shall try and convey thoughts feelings an examples of the work I am doing for my creative research module.
The work started with the creation of a presentation, though work seemingly specific to my chosen task I've seemingly been doing for years. My project is combining games and Historical European Martial Arts, something I've been studying and practising in my free time for years now.
My intention is to combine my limited expertise in both fields with the research and references of experts (again in both fields) to create a small precise document that can be handed to any developer making a game with any element of HEMA to give them quick and simple advice to make it more realistic.
Wanting to jump straight in rather then wait for the first presentation. I was lucky enough to be going to a friends home that was filled with historical artefacts and books. So I spent the weekend in a 15th century restored castle, reading books of which the reference will have to state 'pre-dates publishing'. Posts on these are to follow.
After presenting my idea feedback was the following:
Be sure to explain why realism is important and why a developer might want to use these pointers
Don't worry about proving your project, the research you produce in making it will prove it for you.
This all seems very good advice and I shall begin my research by trying to answer the first question. Best get to it then!
No comments:
Post a Comment